Three weeks later, and hello everyone!
Long time no speak.
I’m very excited to be sharing this post today since I have been badgered since the birth of my blog to write about coffee. Even though my blog is called Coffee and Sunday, I am not an expert at coffee whatsoever. I definitely couldn’t tell you about all the rich flavors of coffee or tell you the different espresso drinks you should try. But one thing I really love is iced coffee. My go to drink is a venti iced coffee with 5 pumps of white mocha at Starbucks! It has the coffee kick, but with delicious sweetness embedded.
Ever since I started nursing school, I’ve been so sleep deprived. Usually I’ll result to getting my iced coffee from Starbucks as a morning pick me up, but I have classes at 8:00 A.M. sharp and have absolutely no time to wait in the long lines at Starbucks. As a result, I had to learn to make my own coffee. I have created an easy, 5 minute routine to making a delicious cup of iced coffee.
To start off, you will need: a kettle, a french press (fantastic one here), ground coffee of your choice and your choice of sweetener if you desire.
Follow these 6 simple steps for a perfect cup of iced coffee:
- Boil 5 – 6 cups of water.
- Add 6 tablespoons of your choice of grounded coffee into french press.
- Add the boiled water into the french press to one inch below the top of the press.
- Leave the mixture to sit for 24 hours in the fridge.
- Pull the press from the fridge, and push down all the way on the press.
- Pour your coffee into a cup of ice and add your choice of sweeter to taste, and enjoy!
Hopefully this was useful to my iced coffee lovers out there. Making your own coffee definitely saves a lot of time and money. I’d love to hear of any of your own coffee tips. Until next time!